Apple has just unveiled the iPad 2 killer, the new iPad. Here is what we know:
- 4G/LTE Network Capable (Bell/Rogers/Telus including HSPA+ for up to 21Mbps)
- 2048×1536 Retina Display (3.1 Million Pixels)
- 5MP iSight Camera with AutoFocus (was expecting the 8MP but should still be decent)
- HD Video Recording in 1080p
- Maybe Siri? (Voice Dictation for sure for speech to text)
- iPhoto for iPad
- Home Button is still present!
- 10 hour battery life and is thin at 9.4mm
- Dual Core A5X Processor – Quad Core graphics. 4x the performance .
We predicted Apple announce a launch date of March 16, and we were right! And for a huge change, the new iPad will be launching in USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia! Wow, this changes everything.
Pre-order is available as well beginning today!
Prices are listed below (same prices) and the new iPad will ship in both black and white:
- 16GB WiFi – $519CDN
- 32GB WiFi – $619CDN
- 64GB WiFi – $719CDN
Wifi with LTE
- 16GB LTE – $649CDN
- 32GB LTE – $749CDN
- 64GB LTE – $849CDN
Apple will continue to carry the iPad2 line starting at $399, so basically knock $100 off each model to get the price. That puts some major pressure on Samsung, and the rest of the Android gang to compete.
Well folks, there you have it! The biggest IT news of 2012 comes and goes. Will you be pre-ordering or lining up at your local stores?
Update: Bell has confirmed that only Bell offers both LTE and 42Mbps Dual Carrier coverage on the new iPad.