Well one of the best deals to come across our inbox from Lenovo happened today as they were offering up to 79% off of selected models. The Y410P, was being offered for $279 from $879.
As quick as we could, we did get to order one and received email confirmation but the website has since changed and now shows the laptop at $799 with no further discounts.
Another site, also confirms they spoke to Lenovo and Lenovo will be cancelling the orders.
Pricing Error? Publicity stunt? After speaking with a Lenovo representative, it was confirmed all orders will be cancelled as they indeed had a pricing error that was tripling the expected $200 discount. Should companies have no recource for these sort of mistakes? With millions of hits/traffic to their site and great publicity for the Y410P, what punishment should Lenovo face for this sort of action? Boo Lenovo!
UPDATE – One of our readers did receive an email from Lenovo confirming they are doing nothing more then cancelling the orders. Here is the email he received. Bad news isn’t supposed to be delivered on Fridays @Lenovo ! (thanks for sending this in Mike!)
From: Lenovo Customer Service [mailto:XXXXXX@lenovo.com] Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 5:22 PM
Subject: Important Information About Your Lenovo Order
Re: Lenovo Order XXXXXXXXXX
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent Lenovo purchase. Due to a pricing error on our website, we will have to cancel your order. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and would like to help you place a new order.
We invite you to visit our website at http://www.lenovo.com or speak with a Product Specialist at 1-855-253-6686 opt1, opt1 as we have updated all current pricing and configurations.
Thank you for your time and patience. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lenovo Customer Service
This email was sent to
1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
UPDATE: Looking at redflagdeals, it looks like this has been making traction and may get some more media attention tomorrow night. Here is an excerpt that may help anyone that purchased the deal.
** TODAY IS #MEDIAMONDAY! **
Take just 5 mins, contact your favorite news media: Web, TV, Radio, Newspaper. Tell them about #LenovoSucks fiasco.
“WHO SHOULD I CALL/E-MAIL?”
– Your favorite news outlets. Here are some suggestions (long distance charges may apply):
**** ATTENTION! URGENT! ****
“WHAT SHOULD I SAY?”:
– Tell them your experience; how you’ve been affected by the @Lenovo fiasco.
– Tell them that numerous complaints have been filed to The Competition Bureau, 2200+ customers sign petition over the weekend.
– Tell them about @Lenovo’s history of questionable pricing practices incl. $16M tablet error 2 months ago in China.
– Tell them to look at @Lenovo’s Official #Facebook page and the flood of angry customers.
Most of all, tell them you want Lenovo to honour their advertised prices and feel that you’ve been victim of Bait and Switch tactics, prohibited by law. Tell them if you have complained to The Competition Bureau (which ALL of you should have by now).
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
(1) ***IMPORTANT*** FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE COMPETITION BUREAU (IT’S QUICK AND EASY!)
(2) JOIN the 2,200+ who have signed the Change.org petition demanding @Lenovo @Lenovo_Canada honour their advertised prices. Add your name and share on social media!