Posted by Jamie Forestell
Apple has taken the online Apple Store down while they update their inventory. They are expected to be launching a new line of Macbook Air and Mac Pro today, as well as the highly anticipated OSX Lion. (and possibly a new Mac Mini!)
OSX Lion can be purchased for $29.99 in the Mac App Store and is a whopping 4GB download.
Rumor has the Macbook Air coming in 4 different models, 2 having 11″ screen size, and the other 2 having 13″ screen sizes. The prominent upgrades should be the new Sandy Bridge Intel processor and the Intel Thunderbolt ports.
Four models of the Mac Pro are also expected today. Keep an eye on the App Store and if history repeats itself, by 9 AM EST we should see the site back online updated with all the goodness! Stay tuned!
UPDATE: 9to5Mac have posted information about possible specs they have obtained. According to their sources:
11.6 inch models:
- The base model will include a 1.6 GHz processor, 2 GB of RAM, and 64GB of flash storage.
- The more expensive standard configuration also includes a 1.6 GHz processor but upgrades the RAM to 4GB and the storage space to 128 GB.
- A built to order model will also be available from the online store. This option includes a 1.8 GHz processor (first for an 11.6 inch MacBook Air), 4GB of RAM, and for the first time in an 11.6 inch MacBook Air, 256 GB of flash storage.
13.3 inch models:
- The base standard configuration includes a 1.7 GHz processor, 4GB of RAM, and 128 GB of flash storage
- The more expensive standard configuration also includes a 1.7 GHz processor, 4GB of RAM, but upgrades the storage to 256 GB.
- A built to order option will also be available and this includes a 1.8 GHz chip, 4GB of RAM, and 256 GB of flash storage
UPDATE #2 – OSX Lion is now available on the Mac App Store. I repeat, Lion is now available for download. Go grab it now! The online Apple Store is still down and most likely will make its way back online towards 9AM EST.
UPDATE #4 –
How true it is. Apple has discontinued the Macbook from the lineup. Students worldwide are mourning the loss. However, you can still pick up a refurbished unit but you better act quick.