LG announced today that their flagship G4 smart phone will start shipping in several key markets this week. These markets include Hong Kong, Turkey, Russia and Singapore.
Canada will need to sit patiently until June when the device will be available through leading carrier partners.
In our opinion, the LG G2 set a standard for Android and the only phone that has come close, was the LG G3.
The G4 is a 5.5″ Dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 & quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 cpu smartphone, boasting 3GB RAM and a solid 3000 MaH battery offering up to 440 hours of standby time.
If you are not a fan of the screen size, LG has added more devices to the G4 family.
The LG G Stylo is a 5.7″ version of the device that comes with a stylus as most phablets offer.
The LG G4C shrinks the screen size down to 5″ and most likely the price as well as both these models ship with lower specs then the G4.
And if you would like to customize your G4, check out the leather options available below. This is something I am happy about. Don’t tell me I am the only one that had their phone slide into their food while cooking in the kitchen.
TORONTO, May 19, 2015 — Customers in key markets around the world will finally get their chance to own the latest advanced smartphone from LG Electronics (LG), one which industry experts have widely praised for its exceptional camera, vivid and expansive display, and willingness to set new rules in defining what a premium mobile device could be.
LG G4 will begin rolling out this week to consumers in key markets around the world, continuing throughout the month into June and beyond as more retailers and operators see what LG G4 has to offer their customers. Starting in Hong Kong, the G4 will follow with rollouts in Turkey, Russia and Singapore, eventually including most of Europe, North America, CIS, Southeast Asia, Middle East/Africa and South/Central America. Approximately 180 carriers and retails are already on board as G4 partners.
Highlights of the LG G4 include:
- Handcrafted, genuine full grain leather (see LG’s leather artisan at work at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9ejKpcunE) back cover in six beautiful colours in addition of three unique material covers with 3D patterns
- Rear camera featuring a rare F1.8 aperture lens and 16MP resolution supported by Colour Spectrum Sensor (CSS) and a new Manual Mode
- Front 8MP camera and Gesture Interval Shot for perfect selfies every time which can then be saved to the removable microSD card
- Vivid IPS Quantum Display which offers 20 per cent greater color reproduction, 25 per cent improvement in brightness and 50 per cent greater contrast
- First smartphone to utilize Qualcomm’s newest Snapdragon™ 808 Processor with X10 LTE for the best balance of performance and power savings
- High-capacity 3,000mAh removable battery and supporting Quick Charge 2.0 (enabled with Quick Charge 2.0 certified adapter, sold separately)
- Slim Arc exterior design for a more comfortable grip and greater durability when dropped
“The LG G4 is our most ambitious smartphone yet because it is unlike any other flagship mobile phone on the market today,” said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Our vision is to create our own set of standards without worrying about what trend other smartphones are following. We think we have a winning formula because the initial reaction to the G4 has been tremendously positive.”
The LG G4 will be available in Canada beginning this June through leading carrier partners.