Starting today at Noon EDT (9am PDT) you will be able to pre-order the new Surface by Microsoft tablet at a starting price of $519 CAD for the 32GB version. There will be 3 models to choose from:
32GB Model – $519 CAD
32GB Model with black Touch Cover – $619 CAD
64 GB Model with black Touch Cover – $719 CAD
* Surface with Windows RT comes with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview2 (which includes Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote)
* 32 GB3; 64 GB
* NVIDIA T30, 2 GB of RAM
* Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 technology
* Two 720p HD cameras, front- and rear-facing
* Two microphones, stereo speakers
* Full-size USB 2.0, microSDXC card slot, headset jack, HD video out port, cover port
* Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, compass
* 24W power supply
* One-year limited hardware warranty
* Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT Preview2 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote), Windows Mail and Windows Messaging, SkyDrive, Windows Internet Explorer 10, Bing, Xbox Music, Xbox Video, and Xbox Games
It looks like Yorkdale and Eaton Centre malls will have a Microsoft store coming soon…
Pricing does come in lower then the current iPad pricing, so the question is will you be picking a Surface tablet up?
Microsoft Announces New Surface Details
Ahead of Oct. 26 launch, Microsoft outlines pricing, market availability and special limited quantity pre-order.
REDMOND, Wash. — Oct. 16, 2012 — Microsoft Corp. today released new details about its highly anticipated Microsoft Surface, a tablet PC designed to be the ultimate stage for Windows. In addition to pricing and market availability, the company announced a special limited-quantity pre-order for Surface with Windows RT available 9 a.m. PDT. Those who want to learn more or pre-order can visit http://www.Surface.com.
Surface delivers the power of amazing software and the feel of premium hardware in one exciting experience. Originally unveiled in June, Surface with Windows RT will initially be available in three SKUs: a 32GB version priced at $519.00 CAD, a 32GB version bundled with a black Touch Cover priced at $619.00 CAD, and a 64GB version bundled with a black Touch Cover priced at $719.00 CAD.
A variety of accessories will also be available, including Touch Covers in three vibrant colors — black, white, and cyan — priced at $129.99 CAD so customers can express their personal style1. Customers will also have the option to purchase a Type Cover in black for $139.99 CAD, which adds moving keys for a more traditional typing feel.
Surface will be available for purchase beginning Oct. 26, 2012, at all Microsoft Store locations in the United States and Canada, including in all 34 new holiday stores. In addition, Surface will be available for sale online in eight markets across the world: Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom and the United States. See Surface.com for more details.