Published on November 8th, 2011 | by Tek Tok Staff7
Konami announces PES 2012 for Sony Xperia Play
Just weeks after the console launch for Pro Evolution Soccer 2012, Konami has announced the availability of PES 2012 for the Android community. Sony Ericsson Xperia Play owners can enjoy PES 2012 exclusively for a short period before being available on more Android devices. Current device owners can find the title on the device’s game launcher.
PES 2012 includes Super Challenge Mode, allowing you to purchase players and build your own custom team. You can also play online against your friend and with Facebook integration, post the results right to Facebook for bragging rights.
- New Super Challenge Mode - Build your very own dream-team by purchasing the most wanted players in an on-going league. Want Ronaldo in your team? In PES 2012 you can!
- Play Against Your Friend’s Super Challenge Teams - Defy your friends by downloading their Super Challenge teams online to play against on your phone and post the score on your Facebook to claim bragging rights.
- Improvements - With an improved AI and goalkeepers behaviours, you will soon find out why expensive players are worth every penny with dedicated high-end animations and a complete set of stats. With added crowd jeers and cheers, all new stadium, official UEFA Champions league™ and Europa League™, Liga BBVA, Ligue 1 and much, much more!
- Lot of Content - With a flurry of content such classic national teams, 24 different balls, 6 varied environmental combinations such as rain and snow, exhibition mode and 3 different controls configurations: tinkering the perfect setup will never have been so fun.
- More Gameplay Modes – Two special modes dedicated for these moments when you just have a few minutes to kill, in Quick Play you’ll be kicking in less than a minute, and in the brand new Free Kick Challenge you’ll be able to surpass your shooting skills with effects and touchscreen accuracy!
We are in the process of
playing reviewing PES 2012 for the Playstation 3 and can hopefully bring you our review for the Xperia Play Android version as well.
For more information, you can visit the Sony Ericsson blog.
Sony Ericsson Android Exclusive: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 on XperiaTM PLAY
8 November 2011, London, UK – Sony Ericsson today announced that Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012), the latest title in KONAMI’s renowned football series, has launched on Xperia™PLAY.
PES 2012 features improvements from its predecessor, PES 2011, including enhanced player AI, speed, animation and physics, as well as optimised PlayStation® Certified controls to provide the fullest gameplay experience. Announced features of the title have already been well received by fans and reviewers alike.
PES 2012 will also be exclusively licensed by UEFA, featuring the UEFA Champions League, The UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Super Cup.
“PES 2011 was a popular title on the Xperia™PLAY and demonstrated just how much value the dedicated game controls can bring to sports titles, where skills and technique need controls that allow that extra responsiveness,” commented Tim Harrison, Head of Content Marketing & Strategy at Sony Ericsson. “PES 2012 is another step up in this legendary football franchise, and demonstrates our commitment to building an outstanding games ecosystem for Xperia PLAY.
“The wealth of new features and improved graphics and gameplay makes PES 2012 an exciting prospect for PES fans, old and new,” said Philippe Rapin, Head of Mobile at Konami Europe. “We’re looking forward to working with Sony Ericsson and bringing this next iteration of this famous franchise to the Xperia™PLAY.”
Xperia™ PLAY is proving to be an attractive platform for games developers, from both a usage and download perspective. 80* per cent of owners of the device are playing games at least once per day (eight times more than on other leading smartphones), with 75** per cent of downloads being premium paid for content against the industry average on other top end handsets of 25 per cent.
PES 2012 will enjoy a short exclusive on Xperia™ PLAY before being launched on other Android devices.
Check out the Sony Ericsson Product Blog for more information: http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products
- *80% of Xperia PLAY consumers play games every day.
- This is up to eight times more than on other smartphones ( Sony Ericsson Consumer Satisfaction program June 2011 and ComScore data Sept 2011)..
- Smartphone consumers who play every daily 10% (Europe), 18% US) – Com Score
- Xperia PLAY users who play daily – 80% (Sony Ericsson Consumer Satisfaction Survey)
- **Xperia PLAY consumers are downloading premium games
- This is the reverse of other android smartphones where the majority of applications that are downloaded are free. Industry sources indicate at the maximum on high end smartphones 25% of downloads are paid (this figure is likely to be far less according to Distimo and Nielsen) and Xperia PLAY is tracking at 75% of downloads are premium (source = key partner).
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson is a 50:50 joint venture between Sony Corporation and Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. In October 2011 it was announced by Sony and Ericsson that Sony will acquire Ericsson’s stake in the company and that Sony Ericsson will become a standalone division within Sony Corporation. The transaction is expected to close at the beginning of 2012 and is subject to regulatory approvals. Over the years Sony Ericsson has brought together the best communication technologies with superior entertainment user experiences to create its Xperia™ line of the ‘most entertaining smartphones’ in the industry. With its global corporate functions in London, Sony Ericsson has sales and marketing operations in all major regions of the world, as well as manufacturing in China, and product development sites in China, Japan, Sweden and Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.sonyericsson.com/press.
The Liquid Identity logo and Xperia are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/legal/disclaimer.
PES2012 logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of KONAMI CORPORATION.